Maven is a leading private equity and property manager, with around 100 executives based across our UK office network. We partner with ambitious, entrepreneurial management teams to accelerate growth, and serve thousands of investors with the goal of delivering exceptional returns.
Who we are
Maven was formed in 2009 following a management buyout of the private equity business of Aberdeen Asset Management PLC. The senior team who led the transaction have worked together since 2004 and have transformed Maven into one of the UK’s most active SME investors, helping hundreds of management teams to achieve their business ambitions.
We now have a presence in 10 key cities across the UK, with a team that is recognised as having a collaborative and respectful culture, in supporting the growth of a wide range of public and private companies.
In 2021 Maven was acquired by Mattioli Woods PLC, a leading provider of specialist wealth management and financial planning services. This partnership continues our ethos of supporting ambition, working with like-minded people who share the same passion and enthusiasm for delivering exceptional client outcomes.
Meet the Maven team
Our people have been critical to our success. People and partnerships sit at the heart of everything we do. That is why our highly experienced team are embedded in their local business and corporate finance communities, helping cultivate the relationships that deliver better client and company outcomes.
- We believe that the most effective way to build strong relationships with management teams is to operate at a local level. That is why we have expanded our regional network of offices to ensure our executives are located across a number of the UK's key economic hubs.
- We build lasting relationships based on trust and respect through being an effective and active investor without diluting the ability of the management team to run the business.
- We look to invest responsibly, including backing businesses that are making a real impact on addressing environmental, social and governance issues facing society today. We see supporting the enhancement of ESG credentials as a positive step change that helps deliver long term, responsible and sustainable growth in our portfolio companies. Maven became a signatory to the internationally recognised Principles for Responsible Investment in June 2021.
- Maven is a signatory to the Investing in Women Code, a commitment to support the advancement of female entrepreneurship in the UK, in which we are dedicated to improving their access to tools, resources, and finance.
- Our core investment objective is to help deliver growth and maximise shareholder value. Our capital brings secondary benefits to the wider economy, helping to secure thousands of British jobs whilst also stimulating further job creation as each business grows.