Position: Trainee Accountant
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover
WHO WE ARE?
Maven Capital Partners (a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc) is a leading Venture Capital Trust (VCT), Private Equity and Property Fund Manager.
We work with growing businesses of all sizes across a range of sectors, providing the essential capital and expertise to unlock potential and help accelerate growth. We have a long term track record of supporting a range of transaction types, including management buyouts, growth capital, buy and build projects, equity value release and pre-IPO financing.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts, management accounts and other reporting outputs for fund, property and group accounting entities.
- Assisting with the maintenance of financial processes including purchase ledgers, cost trackers, fixed income schedules and bank reconciliations etc. as appropriate.
- Understand and help ensure appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented, documented and maintained for Maven entities.
- Various ad hoc initiatives as directed by the Senior Finance Team.
- Provide cross-cover for the other accountants when business needs dictate.
- Assisting with external auditors to ensure accounts audits run as smooth as possible and accounts are signed off within required timescales.
- Assisting with the preparation of corporate tax computations for various UK companies and partnership tax returns, including collective investment partnerships with up to 60 partners.
- Monitoring tax filing and payment obligations to ensure all tax compliance obligations are met.
- Assisting with collation of tax information for Investor partners for inclusion in their own personal tax returns.
- Assisting with general tax queries and requests from all Maven business units.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Assisting with general administrative responsibilities.
What you need to succeed:
- Accounting degree desirable.
- Previous accounting experience desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Having interpersonal abilities and work well as part of a team.
- Being able to work to agreed timetables.
The benefits of choosing Maven
In addition to excellent career progression – with fantastic opportunities for promotion - training, support, and a great office environment, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Competitive Salary
- 34.5 hours per week
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension (10% employer contribution)
- Life Assurance (7 x Salary)
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
- Private Medical Health
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company paid training (inclusive of ACCA qualifications)
- Retail discounts
How to apply:
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maven Capital Partners UK LLP is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc.