Portfolio Administrator (Office-Based)
Closing Date: 26 November 2021
Based: Birmingham or Nottingham
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
It is flexible so that means you can pick benefits to suit you!
We are currently recruiting for Portfolio Administrator to join our Maven team in the Midlands on a full-time, permanent basis. The role will be located in either the Nottingham or Birmingham office, depending on where the successful applicant is based.
Maven manages two debt funds which form part of the Midlands Engine Investment Fund (MEIF), providing loans to SMEs with growth potential. Since its launch in February 2018 the MEIF funds managed by Maven have invested a total of £57 million supporting 110 SMEs and creating over 300 jobs; and this portfolio is set to increase over the next two years.
As one of the UK’s most active private equity managers, we back ambitious businesses of all sizes across a range of sectors and providing those businesses with the essential capital and expertise they require to unlock potential and accelerate growth.
Maven is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc, a leading provider of specialist wealth management and financial planning services with existing assets under management, administration, and advice in excess of £12 billion.
- collate and compile monthly investor reports for the British Business Bank (BBB), including data on applications for funding, progress of applications, loans completed, valuations and economic outputs
- using data from multiple sources, compile the detailed quarterly investor report to BBB, providing updates on Fund activity and the loan portfolio
- ensure performance against Fund objectives and targets, financial and non- financial, are recorded and reported to BBB and Fund auditors
- co-ordinate quarterly submissions of financial claims and payments in relation to associated funding schemes (e.g., Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme and Recovery Loan Scheme)
- maintain and promote high levels of data quality in relation to the Fund’s CRM system – working closely with the investment team and finance team to ensure all relevant information is captured for accurate and timely reporting to BBB
What you need to succeed:
- excellent analytical skills and an ability to produce accurate and timely reports to Fund investors, stakeholders and investment colleagues
- advanced MS Office skills, including the including the ability to work with large datasets on Excel, using pivot tables and formulas
- adept at planning and organising to deliver reports on a timely basis
- confident, self-starter with a proactive approach and ability to work to deadlines
- accounting qualification such as AAT (will consider part-qualified accountant) or relevant numerate degree would be an advantage