Investment Manager - Property
Position: Investment Manager
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover
WHO WE ARE?
Maven Capital Partners (a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc) is a leading Venture Capital Trust (VCT), Private Equity and Property Fund Manager. The Maven Property Team specialises in providing equity capital for property projects across the UK in various real estate sectors, including Purpose Built Student Accommodation, Build to Rent, hotels and investment properties.
Maven Property is a leading developer and funder of real estate projects throughout the UK. We have raised more than £400 million of funding to date and have a current portfolio of 26 properties, with a GDV of more than £300 million. Current investments range from Inverness, in the Highlands of Scotland, to Bournemouth, on the south coast of England, across all sectors, focusing on Student Accommodation, Residential (including BTR, co-living), Office and Hotels.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the initial assessment of new investment opportunities providing recommendations to the Investment Directors on opportunities to be pursued.
- Perform market research and analysis, communicating with key parties including external agents and advisors, in relation to potential investment opportunities.
- Liaison and information gathering from a variety of sources including online and agents or advisers.
- Perform initial financial modelling of investment returns for potential investment opportunities.
- Prepare investment committee papers, presentations and investment memoranda.
- Assist with deal execution activities; including legals, valuation, raising of debt finance and supporting fundraising activities.
- Support the Property Investment team.
- Assist with management of a portfolio of property development and investment assets including reporting internally and externally.
What you need to succeed:
- No less than 4 years’ experience working in an investment related business or role (property related experiences would be advantageous).
- Confident, self-starter with proactive approach and ability to work to deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial modelling, including MS Excel.
- Experience in managing Property or private Equity portfolio (desirable).
- Ability to solve problems using commercial acumen.
- Personable, able to build relationships and work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders – managers, advisors, banks, etc.
- Degree in relevant business discipline, or equivalent.
- Suitable professional qualification, e.g. ICAS, MRICS, CIOBs or other related qualifications.
The benefits of choosing Maven
In addition to excellent career progression – with fantastic opportunities for promotion - training, support, and a great office environment, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Competitive Salary Package
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension (10% employer contribution)
- Life Assurance (7 x Salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
- Private Medical Health
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
How to apply:
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? To apply please email: email@example.com
Maven Capital Partners UK LLP is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc.