Investment Manager (Newcastle)
Position: Investment Manager
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover
Closing Date: 31 September 2022
We are currently recruiting for an Investment Manager to join our Maven team on a full-time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be primarily based in Newcastle, with regular travel to the and Durham office.
The role is focused on new investment activity relating to Maven Capital Partners MBO and VCT funds. Maven’s Private Equity funds typically provide between £2 million and £20 million of capital to high-growth SMEs across the UK.
The ideal candidate will have a background in private equity, venture capital, corporate finance, SME funding, professional advisory, or otherwise, experience directly concerning high-growth SMEs and their funding.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Support and generate new business introductions and relevant investment opportunities for Maven, including liaising and networking with intermediaries including accountants, lawyers, brokers, and CF advisors.
- Assist investment team members in coordinating deal flow analysis and deal tracking via internal reporting systems.
- Undertake a detailed analysis of investment opportunities including initial appraisal, meeting with management teams and their advisors, internal due diligence, financial modelling and writing internal Maven investment papers.
- support the presentation of investment opportunities to the Maven Investment Committee.
- Support the presentation of deal structures and related terms to Management teams and advisers, assisting negotiation of terms and legal documentation.
- Drive deal timetable and deliver completed transactions in required timescales.
- Work with investment team colleagues to support regular board and investee company meetings to monitor portfolio businesses and related reporting.
- Input monthly management account and budget information into internal reporting systems
What you need to succeed:
- minimum of three years of relevant work experience
- demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and commercial judgement
- a confident self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment and use own initiative
- ability to work well in a team, develop relationships with internal and external parties, and work very effectively with a range of people.
- highly numerate and literate, with strong administration and organisational skills.
have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- demonstrate business development and negotiation skills.
- interest in high-growth SMEs, including software and technology-driven sectors.
- various relevant backgrounds and routes to this role, including accountancy, banking and corporate finance (desirable).
- be able to prioritise, work under pressure and use own initiative.
- experience in the transaction and investment community in the North East of England (desirable).
Benefits you get in return
In addition to excellent career progression – with fantastic opportunities for promotion - training, support and a great office environment, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
It is flexible so that means you can pick benefits to suit you!
How to apply:
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? To apply please email: email@example.com
Maven Capital Partners UK LLP is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc.