Investment Manager / Investment Associate
Position: Investment Manager / Investment Associate
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover
Maven is adding additional resource to its South West deal team to support and deliver continued growth, as we deploy increased funding. The role is focused on new investment activity within the region.
This is an office-based, full time role, 34.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
WHO WE ARE?
Maven Capital Partners (a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc) is a leading Venture Capital Trust (VCT), Private Equity and Property Fund Manager.
We work with growing businesses of all sizes across a range of sectors, providing the essential capital and expertise to unlock potential and help accelerate growth. We have a long term track record of supporting a range of transaction types, including management buyouts, growth capital, buy and build projects, equity value release and pre-IPO financing. For more information about us visit our website www.mavencp.com
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate deal flow and deal tracking via internal reporting systems
- Manage deal flow administration and data reporting for Maven and for external fund stakeholders
- Support and generate new business introductions and relevant investment opportunities to Maven
- Liaise and network with intermediaries including accountants, lawyers, brokers and CF advisors to generate and manage deal flow
- Support and participate wider networking and market participation activities, such as networking events and market education opportunities across the region
- Undertake detailed analysis of investment opportunities including initial appraisal, internal due diligence, financial modeling and writing investment papers for investment committee
- Support the presentation of investment opportunities to the Investment Committee
- Support the presentation of deal structures and related terms to Management teams and advisors, assisting negotiation of terms and legal documentation
- Drive deal timetable and deliver completed transactions
- Work with investment team colleagues to support regular board and investee company meetings to monitor portfolio businesses and related reporting
- Work with investee businesses to develop a productive relationship and assist the business where possible
- Gather and input monthly management account, budget information and other required portfolio data into internal reporting systems
- Undertake information gathering on behalf of and preparation of presentations to client funds
What you need to succeed:
- No less than four years relevant work experience for the Associate role; significantly more expected for the Manager role
- Proven experience contributing to the execution of transactions
- Candidate will be highly numerate and literate, be able to demonstrate verbal and written communication skills, business development and negotiation skills, and be able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Organised and detail orientated, able to work effectively and independently as well as working alongside others as part of a team
- Personable, able to build relationships and work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders – managers, advisors etc
- Strong desire to work in, support, and make a positive impact on the business community in the South West region specifically, and from start-ups/early stage in size upwards
- Ability to work within a fast paced, small team environment
- Relevant formal training, such as chartered accountancy qualification.
Experience in the transaction or investment community in the South West of England
Various relevant backgrounds and routes to this role will be considered, including Accountancy, Banking and Corporate Finance.
The benefits of choosing Maven
In addition to excellent career progression – with fantastic opportunities for promotion - training, support, and a great office environment, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension (10% employer contribution)
- Life Assurance (7 x Salary)
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
- Private Medical Health
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company paid training
- Retail discounts
How to apply:
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maven Capital Partners UK LLP is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc.