Position: Investment Manager
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover
WHO WE ARE?
Maven Capital Partners (a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc) is a leading Venture Capital Trust (VCT), Private Equity and Loan Fund Manager. We work with growing businesses of all sizes across a range of sectors, providing the essential capital and expertise to unlock potential and help accelerate growth.
Find out more information about us here www.mavencp.com
What you need to succeed
- Experience of lending to or investing in UK SMEs would be beneficial.
- Proven track record in originating and executing transactions from initial contact through to completion, including an in depth understanding of typical loan and security structures and documents.
- Relevant backgrounds include business, commercial and corporate banking (eg relationship management, credit), corporate finance and accountancy.
- Excellent numeracy skills including assessment of debt transactions and financial analysis.
- Adept relationship management skills and experience of working with businesses and other stakeholders.
- Track record of successful networking and business development.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
The Role & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Portfolio management including developing ongoing productive relationships with portfolio businesses, to effectively monitor performance and add value to SMEs where required.
- Assessing and monitoring monthly management accounts, covenants (where applicable) and budget information to ensure ongoing debt serviceability.
- Develop and maintain a network of key business introducers in the South East Midlands in particular – eg Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes - to ensure new deal introductions are maximised.
- Actively network with businesses and finance professionals in the East and South East Midlands to promote Maven and generate new business introductions and deal opportunities.
- Analyse new loan proposals to take forward or decline and assist declined opportunities by signposting them to other sources of funding.
- Negotiate loan terms with management teams and their advisors and co-ordinate due diligence, including AML/KYC processes.
Benefits you get in return
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension (10% paid by Maven)
- Life Assurance (7 x your salary)
- Income Protection Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Ability to buy additional holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- 34.5 hours per week
- Company paid training
How to apply:
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? To apply please email: email@example.com
Maven Capital Partners UK LLP is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc.