Investment Manager/Associate (Reading)
Position: Investment Manager/Associate
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover
Closing Date: 31 August 2022
We are currently recruiting for an Investment Manager/Associate (depending on experience) to join our Maven team in Reading on a full-time, permanent basis.
The role is focused on new investment activity relating to Maven Capital Partners MBO and VCT funds. Maven’s Private Equity funds typically provide between £2 million and £20 million of capital to high-growth SMEs across the UK.
The ideal candidate will have a background in private equity, venture capital, corporate finance, SME funding, professional advisory, or otherwise, experience directly concerning high-growth SMEs and their funding.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- support and generate new business introductions and relevant investment opportunities for Maven, including liaising and networking with intermediaries including accountants, lawyers, brokers and CF advisors
- support investment team members in coordinating deal flow analysis and deal tracking via internal reporting systems
- undertake a detailed analysis of investment opportunities including initial appraisal, meeting with management teams and their advisors, internal due diligence, financial modelling and writing internal Maven investment papers
- support the presentation of investment opportunities to the Maven Investment Committee
- support the presentation of deal structures and related terms to Management teams and advisers, assisting negotiation of terms and legal documentation.
- drive deal timetable and deliver completed transactions in required timescales
- work with investment team colleagues to support regular board and investee company meetings to monitor portfolio businesses and related reporting
- input monthly management account and budget information into internal reporting systems
- undertake information-gathering on behalf of and preparation of presentations to client fund
What you need to succeed:
- minimum of three years of relevant work experience
- demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and commercial judgement
- a confident self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment and use own initiative
- ability to work well in a team, develop relationships with internal and external parties, and work very effectively with a range of people
- highly numerate and literate, with strong administration and organisational skills
- demonstrate verbal and written communication skills, business development and negotiation skills, and be able to prioritise and work under pressure
- interest in high-growth SMEs, including software and technology-driven sectors
- various relevant backgrounds and routes to this role, including accountancy, banking and corporate finance (desirable)
- experience in the transaction and investment community in the South of England (desirable)
Benefits you get in return
In addition to excellent career progression – with fantastic opportunities for promotion - training, support and a great office environment, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
It is flexible so that means you can pick benefits to suit you!
How to apply:
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maven Capital Partners UK LLP is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc.