Position: Investment Associate (0-3 years’ experience)
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover
WHO WE ARE?
Maven Capital Partners, a leading private equity house, partners with a diverse range of ambitious, entrepreneurial management teams to accelerate growth, and serves thousands of investors with the goal of delivering exceptional returns.
Headquartered in Glasgow, and with offices throughout the UK, Maven has over one hundred investment and support professionals providing a truly nationwide coverage. Maven manages £740 million of assets for a variety of client funds, including Venture Capital Trusts (VCT), an institutional buyout fund, UK regional fund mandates, and Maven Investor Partners (MIP), a syndicate of institutional, family office and experienced investors.
What you need to succeed
- The role would suit a graduate with a degree in business, finance, mathematics or other related discipline who is in the early stages of their career.
- The candidate will be highly numerate and literate, be able to demonstrate a professional and relational communication style and be able to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to research new industry sectors and assimilate information quickly and reach appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Good data analysis skills and highly competent with Excel.
- Organised and detail orientated, able to work effectively and independently as well as working alongside others as part of a team.
- Personable, able to build relationships and work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders – managers, advisors etc.
- Strong desire to work in, support, and make a positive impact on the business community in Scotland specifically, and from start-ups/early stage in size upwards.
- Ability to work within a fast paced, small team environment.
- We are looking for someone who is a self-starter with tenacity and drive, and able to use their initiative to make a meaningful contribution to the wider team’s overall deal related responsibilities and workflows.
- Experience in the transaction or investment community would be advantageous.
The Role & Responsibilities
When working in this dynamic, fast paced environment the role will include but is not limited to the following:
New Investment Activity
- Co-ordinate deal flow and deal tracking via internal reporting systems.
- Manage deal flow administration and data reporting for Maven and for external fund stakeholders.
- Support and generate new business introductions and relevant investment opportunities to Maven.
- Liaise and network with intermediaries including accountants, lawyers, brokers and corporate finance advisors to generate and manage deal flow.
- Support and participate in networking and market participation activities, such as networking events, business seminars and market education opportunities across the region.
- Undertake detailed analysis of investment opportunities including initial appraisal, internal due diligence, financial modelling and writing investment papers for Investment Committee.
- Support the presentation of investment opportunities to the Investment Committee.
- Support the presentation of deal structures and related terms to Management teams and advisors, assisting negotiation of terms and legal documentation.
- Drive deal timetable and deliver completed transactions.
- Work with investment team colleagues to support regular board and investee company meetings.
- Work with investee businesses to develop a productive relationship and assist the business where possible.
- Gather and input monthly management account, budget information and other required portfolio data into internal reporting systems.
- Undertake information gathering and preparation of presentations to client funds.
The benefits of choosing Maven
What we offer:
- Join a team with a can-do, straightforward approach.
- An accelerated path towards taking ownership of the entire investment life cycle, including sourcing, due diligence and presenting the output of this work and the investment thesis to the rest of the team.
- An opportunity to work with a diverse range of entrepreneurs and build your network whilst being supported by a strong brand name.
- A dynamic learning environment where no two days are the same.
- An opportunity to develop new skills.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Share Incentive Plan
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Group Pension (10% employer contribution)
- Life Assurance (7 x Salary)
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday
- Private Medical Health
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Company paid training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
Maven Capital Partners is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive experience for all its employees
How to apply:
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? To apply please email: email@example.com
Maven Capital Partners UK LLP is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc.