Position: Investment Analyst
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover
WHO WE ARE?
Maven Capital Partners (a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc) is a leading private equity house, who partners with a diverse range of ambitious, entrepreneurial management teams to accelerate growth, and serves thousands of investors with the goal of delivering exceptional returns.
Headquartered in Glasgow, and with offices throughout the UK, Maven has over one hundred investment and support professionals providing a truly nationwide coverage. Maven manages £740 million of assets for a variety of client funds, including Venture Capital Trusts (VCT), an institutional buyout fund, UK regional fund mandates, and Maven Investor Partners (MIP), a syndicate of institutional, family office and experienced investors.
What you need to succeed
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Analytical skills – numerate with an ability to research new industry sectors, assimilate information quickly and infer appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication style, with strong attention to detail.
- Team player with an ability to collaborate well with colleagues at all levels.
- Business development and relationship management skills - an ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders and develop a professional network.
- Organisational skills - ability to multi-task, work to and meet deadlines.
- Business knowledge – understanding of the commercial parameters that businesses operate within and adopt a professional approach to dealing with potential investee companies.
- Degree in a relevant numerate discipline.
- Holds or working towards a professional Accountancy or Investment related qualification.
When working in this dynamic, fast-paced environment the role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Undertaking analysis of new business opportunities, including due diligence and contributing to the production of investment papers to be presented to Maven’s Investment Committee.
- Providing assistance to investment managers and directors throughout the deal process from opportunity identification through to deal completion, including on occasions working with the office support team to ensure that compliance aspects of the deal are captured and managed.
- Assisting in portfolio management of investee business to understand the dynamics of business growth, including analysis of management accounts and board packs and accompanying the Investment Managers/Directors to Board meetings (where relevant).
- Attendance of local business networking events to raise Maven’s profile with potential investees and investment intermediaries.
The benefits of choosing Maven
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Share Incentive Plan
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Group Pension (10% employer contribution)
- Life Assurance (7 x Salary)
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday
- Private Medical Health
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Company paid training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
Maven Capital Partners is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive experience for all its employees
How to apply:
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? To apply please email: email@example.com
Maven Capital Partners UK LLP is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc.