Company Secretary/Assistant Company Secretary (Glasgow)
Position: Company Secretary/Assistant Company Secretary (Office Based)
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover
We have an exciting opportunity for a Company Secretary/Assistant Company Secretary to join our team based in Glasgow, on a full time, permanent basis. Due to the business requirements, this job is predominantly based in the office.
You will be expected to deal with company secretarial and administrative tasks and act as Company Secretary for selected investment trust and venture capital trust clients. As we have offices across the UK, occasional travel may be necessary.
Maven is one of the UK’s most active private equity managers, backing ambitious businesses of all sizes across a range of sectors and providing those businesses with the essential capital and expertise they require to unlock potential and accelerate growth. Maven Capital Partners UK LLP is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc, a leading provider of wealth management and employee benefits.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the production of all Board and Committee papers for relevant client companies, attendance at meetings and provision of minutes
- Ensure relevant client companies operate in compliance with their Articles of Association and the general rules and regulations governing listed investment trusts and venture capital trusts
- Oversee statutory filings and maintenance of statutory records for relevant client companies
- Project manage the Annual and Interim Reports, Annual General Meetings and all corporate transactions for relevant client companies
- Ensure full compliance with the Listing, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules by relevant client companies (i.e. stock exchange announcements)
- Manage the production of shareholder documents
- Review legal documents for relevant client companies
- Provide input to ad hoc projects
What you need to succeed:
- ICSA qualified or equivalent
- Broad range of company secretarial experience
- Broad understanding of reporting requirements for listed companies
- Familiarity with legal matters
- Experience in dealing with investment trusts and/or venture capital trusts
- Excellent organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent time management and adherence to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage business and client relationships, ensuring a top tier service is provided
- Strong computer skills to include use of MS Office suite, in particular Word and Excel
Benefits you get in return
In addition to excellent career progression – with fantastic opportunities for promotion - training, support and a great office environment, you will also have the exciting opportunity to take part in charity fundraising events and other social activities.
Your benefits package includes the following:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension (10% contributions paid by employer)
- Life Assurance (7 x Salary)
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
Private Medical Health
- Company Sick Pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ability to buy additional holidays
- You will be able to pick additional benefits to suit you
It is flexible so that means you can pick benefits to suit you!
How to apply:
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maven Capital Partners UK LLP is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc.