Business Support Administrator (Office-Based)
Closing Date: 26 November 2021
Salary: £23,000-£25,000 dependent on experience
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
It is flexible so that means you can pick benefits to suit you!
We are currently recruiting for an experienced office-based administrator to join the business support team, on a full-time, permanent basis.
Working for our Investment and Portfolio teams based in Manchester, the successful applicant will have strong organisational and interpersonal skills. We are looking for an individual who is self-driven, can work in a fast-paced environment and assist the teams to achieve departmental goals and keep up with a variety of ad-hoc responsibilities.
Maven is one of the UK’s most active private equity managers, backing ambitious businesses of all sizes across a range of sectors and providing those businesses with the essential capital and expertise they require to unlock potential and accelerate growth.
Maven is a subsidiary of Mattioli Woods plc, a leading provider of specialist wealth management and financial planning services with existing assets under management, administration, and advice in excess of £12 billion.
- you will report to the Regional Head of Manchester and be expected to co-ordinate all office management activities as well as provide excellent administrative support to the investment and portfolio teams
- general office management, including ensuring the office facilities and meeting rooms are well presented and any provisions and/or consumables are readily available
- sort and send mail, maintain office stationery supplies, general filing, and organisation
- work closely with the Investment and Portfolio teams, providing support with the investment administration activities associated with sourcing and managing investments
- manage office communication – answer and direct telephone calls, take messages where appropriate, establish filing systems and take minutes in investment committee meetings
- co-ordinate the preparation for external meetings and events, including catering, setting up the facilities, printing and binding any board materials
- ownership of Health and Safety activities including monitoring and reporting accidents, first aid stock levels, fire safety procedures and updating policy where required be the point of contact for dealing with all relevant ad hoc office queries/issues
- support and coordination of marketing activities across the region; including drafting press releases, articles, social media management, organising events, support with printing or scanning presentation and investment documents
- collaborate with other members of the business support team to ensure that information is readily available to deliver stakeholder reporting and meet deadlines
- all other ad hoc projects and tasks associated with the different funds and the general management of the office, teams, and other stakeholders
What you need to succeed:
- office-based experience in a similar role at a professional services business
- excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- strong numeracy, literacy, and IT skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- be self-driven and able to work independently with a highly professional approach
- a team player and work collaboratively with the team
- previous experience using HubSpot (or similar softwares) is desirable