Investment Associate / Manager (London)
Position: Investment Associate / Manager
Based: London (Full-time)
Salary: Flexible dependent upon experience
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover.
The role is focussed on new investment activity relating to Maven Capital Partners MBO and VCT funds. Maven’s Private Equity funds typically provide between £2m and £20m of capital to high growth SMEs across the UK. The ideal candidate will have a background in Private Equity, Venture Capital, Corporate Finance or Professional Advisory.
New investment activity:
- Support investment team members in coordinating deal flow analysis and deal tracking via internal reporting systems.
- Generate new business introductions and relevant investment opportunities to Maven.
- Liaise with intermediaries including accountants, lawyers, brokers and CF advisors to generate deal flow.
- Perform analysis of new business opportunities.
- Undertake detailed analysis of investment opportunities including internal due diligence, financial modelling and writing internal Maven investment papers for investment committee.
- Present investment opportunities to the Maven Investment Committee.
- Present deal structures and related terms to Management teams and advisors, assisting negotiation of terms and legal documentation.
- Drive deal timetable and deliver completed transactions in required timescales.
- Work with investment team colleagues to support regular board and investee company meetings to monitor portfolio businesses and related reporting.
- Work with investee businesses to develop a productive relationship and assist the business where possible.
- Input monthly management account and budget information into internal reporting systems.
- Undertake information gathering on behalf of and preparation of presentations to client funds.
Key skills and ability
- No less than five years’ experience of advising on or investing in UK companies.
- Chartered accountant with a training in a top tier professional practice.
- Proven track record in originating new business and executing transactions from initial contact through to completion, including an in-depth understanding of the various legal documents
- Candidate will be highly numerate and literate, be able to demonstrate verbal and written communication skills, business development and negotiation skills, and be able to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Various relevant backgrounds and routes to this role, including Accountancy, Banking and Corporate Finance.
- Track record of working within the region’s investment community would be preferred.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply either via LinkedIn or send your CV and covering letter outlining your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Maven Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date for applications: 28 February 2020.