Investment Associate (Glasgow)
Position: Investment Associate
Based: Glasgow (Full-time)
Salary: Flexible dependent upon experience
Benefits: Generous benefits package including employer pension contribution and private healthcare cover.
The role is focussed on new investment activity relating to Maven Capital Partners MBO and VCT funds. Maven’s Private Equity funds typically provide between £2m and £20m of capital to high growth SMEs across the UK. The ideal candidate will have a background in Private Equity, Venture Capital, Corporate Finance or Professional Advisory.
The ideal candidate
A graduate with a degree in business, finance, mathematics or other related discipline
- Excellent quantitative skills and a strong understanding of Excel
- Financial modelling skills
- Candidate will be highly numerate and literate, be able to demonstrate verbal and written communication skills and be able to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Experience of advising on or investing in UK companies.
- Qualified/ part-qualified accountant.
- Various relevant backgrounds and routes to this role, including Accountancy, Banking and Corporate Finance.
The role involves:
New Investment Activity
- Support investment team members in coordinating deal flow analysis and deal tracking via internal reporting systems.
- Perform analysis of new business opportunities.
- Undertake detailed analysis of investment opportunities including internal due diligence, financial modelling and writing internal Maven investment papers for investment committee.
- Attending and minuting Maven Investment Committee calls and ensuring action points are completed.
- Work with investment team colleagues to monitor portfolio businesses and related reporting.
- Work with investee businesses to develop a productive relationship and assist the business where possible.
- Input monthly management account and budget information into internal reporting systems.
- Undertake information gathering on behalf of client funds.
- Prepare 3-month cashflow forecast for at the end of each month and send to the appropriate Investor Groups
- Prepare quarterly Manager’s Report for review by appropriate Fund Manager
- Preparation of AGM reports and presentations
- Dealing with ad-hoc investor enquiries
How to Apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply either via LinkedIn or send your CV and covering letter outlining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maven Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date for applications: 28th February 2020